Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Group Function Inoperative

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC1234

Technical User
Dec 6, 2019
US
Gents,

I recently had to reinitialize (I&I) my two cores. I have discovered that after this event, my previously programmed call groups do not work correctly. When the call group is selected at any phone, a fast-paced busy signal is returned.

I can build brand new call groups and get the same result. I've tried this several times to ensure that no call-forwarding issues were the problem.

It seems as though a function has been disabled or reverted on a level that affected the ability use call groups entirely.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in Advance!

JC

Hey KCFLHRC, thanks for replying.

I'm speaking of the Call Group (GRP) that is set up in LD 18. For example, to build a new Call Group would look like this:
>LD 18
REQ: new
Type: GRP
Cust xx
GRNO 0-63 (This is the number you want to assign the group or a kind of label to be referenced later. Lets call our Group 5)
GRPC (yes or no)
STOR xxx-yy..y (This is the numbers you want to store in the group. For our example, lets use 4-digit dialing and use two numbers. So we'll store 5555 in slot 00 and 5556 in slot 01. This would go as needed.)

Lastly, you would the assign a functional key on a phone to Call Group 05. It would look like this
>LD 11
REQ: CHG
Type:1120
ECHG: YES
ITEM: Key 03 GRC 05 (the GRC stand for Group Call)
<>

Now when you pick up the handset on the above programmed 1120 phone and hit key 03, it should automatically dial both 5555 and 5556 (or as many numbers as you store in the group).

Have you read the feature guide? Because it says that this feature is only available to Meridian 1 Proprietary sets, not IP Phones

A Group Call can be originated only from a Meridian 1 proprietary telephone with a Group Call
key.

I'm gonna do some reading here.. I'm still the friendly new guy on these systems. Thanks for your input and I'll touch base back when I get a little more info...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back