Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call FWD/No Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

munozj

IS-IT--Management
Sep 10, 2010
US
I'm trying to setup an extension to forward calls to an outside number if the extension is not answered.
I probably went the long way of doing this but..

-I created a new RPL permitting the outside number to be dialed
-created a new class with the revert DN set to use the new RPL
-set the users extension to:
---Always block incoming messages
---Transfer caller to revert DN
---and set the revert DN to the callers outside number.

This seams to work with the one hiccup of call pilot announcing "your call is being transferred to an attendant because the owner of this mailbox is not accepting messages at this time" then the call forwards.

1st question.. is there a more efficient way of doing this
2nd question.. is there a way to customize that transfer announcement?

Send it to a service instead of a mailbox that does an external transfer. You could then record something like please hold while your call is connected.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

Just set up call transfer

I feature 4 and then have it set up as 800 the calls come to me with nothing but a slight hesitation

Why send it to VM at all if you want it to go external?

Set your FDN and HUNT to the external number; make sure the NCOS/TGAR/CLS are appropriate on the TN, and your customer data block should be OPT CFF (that way your trunks don't have to have permissions to make the call).

-Matthew

Matthew - Technical Support Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back