Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call fwd no answer/ call fwd busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumpnugget

Programmer
Jun 5, 2003
US
I have installed a MICS w/ 6.0 software. I am currently
having problems with transferred calls that will not drop
into voicemail after the designated number of rings.
I have verified the NAM DN, setup call fwd no answer and
call fwd busy for each set, and have verified that each user
has initialized their mailbox. What is happening is that it will drop to voicemail, but it plays the company greeting
not the individual users prime greeting. This happens for all mailboxes. If the receptionist transfers to vm using
Feature 986 there is no problem. If a customer dials by name
in the co. directory there is no problem either. I have never encountered this problem before with lower level software and have installed many cics and mics in the past.
Am I missing something that is new to 6.0 or do I potentially have a glitch w/ my software? Please help!!
Thanks

When the call comes in, does it go through the auto attendant first?
If so then your problem is with the 4.0 NAM not with the 6.0 MICS.
There is a patch for this problem. I have it and can email it to you with the instructions on how to install it. It is very easy. It will be zipped so make sure you have WinZip.

MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

The Patch you are talking about is for the NAM 4.0.04E but with 5.0 wi6.0.0 and wi6.0.2 software it was fixed on 5.0 wi6.0.6, you could also use Voice mail Manager via the com port and dissable Redirect DN.

If you have a MICS 6.0 then you require the NAM to be 4.1 (Not 4.0)
That is what ITAS told me and it worked.
Its an OK version of software with some added features:
1-You can set up your classes of services via the sets
2-You can have 2 mailboxes to an extension (although I have not Tried it)
3-Centrellized VM when tieing to MICS 6.0 together via PRI (SL-1 Private Network)
and theres other features that I have not tried.

Try the patch or VM manager thing and see if it works - Tell me if it does.
but when the 6.0 came out ITAS told me that It would require a software upgrade to 4.1. ( CD, Bootdisk, Security Code Disk + KEYCODE, Line Renumbering Disk, Mailbox renumbering Disk)

Good Luck

If you are using 4.1 software on the Nam, i think the redirect dn is located by pressing 8 after entering the Feat 983 password.
Gabriel

The patch I'm talking about was for all 4.0 NAMs.

And you can certainly run 4.0 NAM with 6.0 MICS, you just won't be able to network the voicemail. And you will still need the redirect DN patch.

Or go into Feature 983 like Gabriel said on a 4.1 NAM and turn it to No. It is that way by default.

You can also upgrade to a 4.1 by buying a MicroSolutions Parallel port CD rom loader and the 4.1 software package. just power down, connect the CD ROM loader to the parellel printer port and put the boot disk in the NAM and the 4.1 sw in the loader. Power up. It takes about 30 minutes or so. All programming will be saved. That's it!

MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

All these replys are correct. I had the exact same problem. With a 4.0 NAM and a 6.0 ICS on a weekend custover. had to put the old system back in. I traded out to a 4.1 nam worked great. Forunatly I used the 4.0 on an older system upgrade. It can be patched as the other techs said. Good luck. I found it funny when I purchased the 6.o ICS and 4.0 NAM no one mentioned this problem. So I learned the hard way. As long as we learn, Huh!!

thephoneboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back