Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Fwd from ASA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitochueco

Technical User
Aug 8, 2006
US
I need to forward a group of phones to random numbers. I understand I can use console permissions to forward them from my phone, but is there a way to do this from ASA? IS there a way to clear forwarding from ASA?

Thanks

You can create new coverage paths, and then remove them after they are not needed any more.

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

This is usually done via a FAC. If you are not on sight, use a softphone.

come on avaya.... why not add this capability in a future release?? from an administrative standpoint it would make our lives easier, hey why not throw in the ability to remove send-calls while your at it!!

You can dial in through the remote access number and call forward away from outside. That is the only way I know to remotely, randomly do it.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read thread690-1323977

Hello,

i'm doing this with the export/import function.

export the station and save them to your drive as ascii.

then change the coverage path and save it again with new name.

then you can schedule to import the new file with other / different coverage path.

br.

avayavic

Remote control a PC in network that has a modem with a phone line that has console permissions. Then use hyperterminal to dial the digits to forward..

FAC EXT then number ...

Thanks,

Wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back