Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Foward External failing- Meridian Modular MICS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcomms

Technical User
Oct 13, 2004
GB
I have set up an extension with call forwarding to an external number (ie allowed redirect etc). When I dial the extension number internally calls are being forwarded to the external number ok. However when I dial the DDI number associated with the extension the call forward external fails ?
Any ideas guys, any help much appreciated .

Had this with a BCM the problem was it was a split PRI- voice/data- working with the phone co. using the bcm monitor you could see that the CLID of the caller was being passed out on the call and the phone co. was looking for the BTN of the line dialing out since it wasent getting it the call would disconnect. Was told that if it was a full PRI not sharing it would work.

I asume that you are runing a PRI. Check the Dialing

Pattern to make sure the default DN length is the correct

length for your number. Could be that the delay is too

long for the PR.

The system is running BRI (8 channels aux working).
It also has 4 analogue lines on it

If it's coming in on BRI and leaving analog, or the other way around, you need to set up a Remote Access Package.

Do you have a route built for the external number? Example: ext #=555-5555, dial out using pool A.
Route 2= pool A, absorb all. Dest.Code 8=use route 2.
Program ext. autodial button as 85555555. Call fwd, Autodial button- done.

Do you need a PRI to do ext forwarding. Does it always take a line in and a line out to acheive the call forwarding to external dial?

you can do external transfers on analog and digital lines you just have to have a route built and allow redirect on the sets...

Can you test it by just using the Analog in and out and see what happens.

Yes, this will work, whether digital or analog. Unless you have centrex lines, this will tie up 2 analog lines every time the forwarding trips.

Thanks guys

I built a new route and destination code, seperated the BRI and ani trunk groups and it works fine.

Cheers again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back