Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intimidator50

Technical User
Mar 15, 2013
US
I have a Nortel Meridian 1 61C PBX, it has been 5 years since I have worked on a 61C, I need to Forward a 4 number DN to a 5 number DN, can I program this? if so can you give me details on how to program this task, Thank You for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

Thank You
intimidator50

I'm not sure what you are asking. If you are just forwarding a set, just set the cfw to the dn ( 4 to 5 doesn't matter). If you are talking incoming digit conversion 4 to 5 will work with that as well.

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti

do you have to go to the telephone to call forward the phone to the number you want to forward it to?????
where do I find the codes for that, so I can print them out?? would like to program this into the switch, to call forward the numbers?
Thanks!!

For analog (500) sets it is usually Dial #1 + number - then hang up. To remove forward Dial #1.
For digital sets, they should have a Call Forward key set up on them. Press CFW key - dial the number to be forwarded to, them press the key again. Solid lit key shows the set has been forwarded. Set forwarding needs to be done at the sets.

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti

Hey Splic3d, I'm dealing with 500 sets, tried # 1 + number, but it only took 4 numbers, as soon as I punched in the 5th number, I got a busy signal, so what LD do I program the number of numbers I need to forward from 4 numbers to 5 numbers, CFW?? Thanks.

Under ftr it would be cfw 5 instead of cfw 4

CFW nn Call Forward all calls. ss25-1
Where: nn = maximum number of digits in
the CFW DN; it must be large enough to
hold the customer Reply DN.
• When the Enhanced System Access
feature is configured, valid entries are 4,
8, 12, (16), 20, 24, 28, 31. Numbers
between 4 and 31 are rounded up to the
next valid number.
• When the Enhanced System Access
feature is not configured, valid entries
are any integer in the range of (4)-23.

Thanks for information, what LD do I use to chg the cfw 4 to cfw 16 and call forward the 500 phones??

trvlr1, did not see anything in LD 10, to change CFW, did I miss something? Thanks for your help.
Please let me know what I messed, can you give details on how to change the CFW, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back