Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJDiver

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2003
US
Hello,

Thanks for all the help and the wealth of knowledge in this forum.

Company has a Partner ACS R7.91.K, with Partner Messaging R1. After reading for a while on this forum, I suspect I am trying to accomplish the impossible, forward an extension no answer to an outside number using Centrex type feature. All I have read says no way. I am able to forward a call from the AA to an outside number using Centrex, but can't see any tricks to make it happen once they reach an extension. I tried figuring out someway to have the extension go back to a AA with Transfer Return, but no.

I haven't seen how to set one AA to the nite mode, it looks like it's either all or none (which isn't going to work, since there are four groups with different hours in this area.)

If I could only get an outside dial tone... I did read about someone trying to forward the extension to another one, and then entering a Centrex forward, but I don't think I see an outside dial tone.

Arrggghhh...so I should quit beating my head agaisnt the wall and tell the users forwarding by bridging the incoming and an outgoing trunk is the best possible solution on this system?

Avaya, how about making the nite mode switch each AA seperatly?

Thanks,

Jeff

Create a mailbox, say 55, and assign it as Auto Attendant No. 2. Give it Auto VMS Cover in #310, and 1 ring in #321. Set the Personal Operator of a mailbox to Ext. 55. If a caller reaches a mailbox, and zeros out, they will reach Auto Attendant No. 2. Now you can use selector codes to do Centrex transfers.

If that doesn't get it, look at going to DuVoice, or upgrading to IP Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back