Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forwarding / Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerrellG

MIS
May 15, 2008
US
I want to set up a call forward to an external number. By default...the caller will be directed to our Unity voicemail if there is no answer on the phone the call was forwarded to. How do I set it up so that when the caller is forwarded to the external phone number he/she gets the external phone numbers voicemail.

Example: I call phone A and the phone is forwarded to phone B which is seperate from our Call Manager system. I don't want to leave a voicemail on phone A...I want to leave it on phone B...where the call was forwarded to.

Any thoughts or suggestions????

Once the call leaves system A it will be controlled by system B and so will go to system B voice mail, it does not have a way of getting it back to A without system B transferring it again.

I have users who work from home and forward their desk phone to their home phone this way, once it gets forwarded it will end up on their home voice mail if not answered.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back