Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forwarding to Outside number 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rleonard

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2004
US
Hello. We have historically been able to redirect an internal number to an external 800 number. Somehow it was programmed with a Hunt-Group. I need instructions on re-directing an internal number to an external number without using Coverage (and the annoying tone that comes with it).

Anyone? We REALLY would appreciate your help. Thank you.

There are two ways to accomplish your task: Call Forwarding and Telecommuting. With Call Forwarding either the end-user or someone with Console permissions dials the send-call activate code followed by the ARS access code and the number that they want the calls forwarded to (you must have call-forwarding off-net enabled). An incoming call is forwarded to the remote destination and will not cover within the Definity. The feature stays active until it is cancelled at the phone or by a super-user. With Telecommuting, you turn control of the forwarding dynamically over to the end user. They can change the destination of their forwarding remotely and an incoming call can cover within the Definity.

Kevin

Thank you 4meravaya for your quick reply! BTW we have a Definity G3si v r3. Yes, it's old but sooo reliable!

I'm sorry, but you lost me on the ARS access code part. Maybe that's where I'm going wrong.
I have a Hunt Group #12 w/4 members: x 7135, 7136, 7137, 7138.
Those extensions were "X" ported and given a Cov Path 25.

Cov Path 25 has a destination cov point of h12.

I'm not sure how to trace this... I apologize.

I tried call-fwding these numbers to the outside ext, but that didn't work. The re-directed x7991 still dials the old 800 number.

Does this make sense?

4merAvaya, Access code = 9. Ahhh yes. I did include this when I tried the redirect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back