Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forwarding to external number

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrowingInNortel

Technical User
Mar 25, 2019
CA
Trying to forward calls to an external number, when I type in 9 before typing in the cell phone I want to forward to it's invalid. I've read that I need higher than 4.1 software to forward externally, but can't figure out which version I have. Does this sticker on the phone tell me which version I've got? Thanks for any help.
20190325_162342_prpabr.jpg

Your in over your head I'm afraid.

You phone works on a phone system and not a telephone line... you have provided the wrong info.
The phone system has the software PCMCIA card in it and has the info on it.

Once you confirm it's 4.1 or higher you will then need to call your vendor to send in a programmer to setup redirect capabilities to allow external forward on your set and some routing programming on the phone system for the lines.

It is not on by default or everyone would do it then your lines would be tied up all the time, it ties up one inbound and one outbound for the duration of the call.
Also needs a global line card to help with volumes issues.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Did you check the COS for CFXA (call forward external allowed)??

Wrong Callpilot mv114
The OP would have a Norstar voice mail if any, however they posted in the wrong forum as it is not a voice mail issue.

DrowingInNortel
Please update threads you start and for future threads here is the forum for Norstar phone systems:

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Haha as you stated originally, I'm in over my head. This was just for a specific instance so given the amount of time and work that would have to go into it we've let this go, thanks for all the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back