Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forwarding to CO line 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlinetrader

Technical User
Jul 25, 2003
US
Still haven't figured this out. I have an KX-TD1232 with TVS100 and would like to forward unanswered calls from an extension to a cell phone. I've set program 504 to enabled and have programmed in the cell phone number using the call forwarding feature. When a call comes in to the extension they cell phone rings but when I answer there is no connection. The incoming caller hears our music on hold and is then transferred to a mailbox rather than connected to the cell phone. I'm close but I'm missing something. Any thoughts?

7106 + 9 + tel number from the extension
forward to outside line + line access code + phone number.
this forwards all calls to the outside line when transferred.
make sure that external call forward is enabled in this persons class of service in the Phone system as well as the voice mail.

It sounds like a timing issue. Am I correct in assuming the calls are getting sent to this extension from voicemail? If so, you will have to enable "blind" transfers in the voicemail. I wrote a FAQ on how to do this. Make sure you use the dial string FXA instead of FXD to allow for external call forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back