Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forwarding to another station's voicemail. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Here's my scenario:

I want to forward all calls to station 3741 to station 3733. If the user at station 3733 is not available, I want that call to go to 3733's voice mail. How do I achieve this? I have setup 3741 as a virtual station.

Thanks!

I am not sure it can be done. However, I think you can configure x3733 to show there is voice mail in box x3741 by using the message field in the ch st form.

Another way is to have vm box 3741 out call a pager for notification. That way you will know there is new message in vm box 3741.

Hope this help.

You might have an issue with the call following two cover paths. Why the extra step to 3741? So many buttons So little time
Thanks All
Phoneman2

what version of audix are you running? for subscriber 3733 you can put 3741 in as the secondary extension. leave an appropriate cover path for sta 3741 to direct it to voice mail. if you have built a mailbox for 3741 remove it. That should work.

This can be done by cheating, if you have vector capability in your system. You would set up 3741 as a VDN then set up a vector pointed to ext. 3733. So the first vector step should have: route to 3733 unconditionally. Anyone dialing 3741 will get routed directly to 3733 and it's voicemail box. Kind of the sledgehammer approach but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back