Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forwarding Thru PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavan2k

Programmer
Oct 4, 2003
IN
Hai,

A----->My PC(modem and landline)----->B

My PC is connected with an internal modem(motorola sm56 speakerphone modem) and a landline to it. When someone calls to my landline the pc must forward the call to B that was dailed by A(DTMF).

I need it bcaz, I have to develope a billing appilication for the calls that are forwared through my PC.

Please help me in doing this.

Thank to all

It is not possible to forward the calls through your modem in this way, unless you have 3-way calling and then I'm not sure why you would try it.

Just try that right now. You have one telephone. Now forward a call.

You may transfer a call, but you need to have this service from the local telco unless you are on a PBX. Then you only need off-net transfer if you are off-net.

You would transfer the call by having the modem answer the call, optionally play an announcement, then sending a flash hook, the transfer code (if required), then the number to transfer the call to, optionally announce the transfer, then hang-up.

pansophic

I want to transfer the call after my modem answers the call but how can i "play an announcement, then sending a flash hook, the transfer code (if required), then the number to transfer the call to, optionally announce the transfer"

Please reply.

You need a voice modem, and some moderate programming skills.

With the voice modem (you can use either a full- or half-duplex voice modem for this application) you can answer the incoming call, play the announcement, send a flash hook (ATDT !) and dial the next number. At that point, you could play another announcement (to announce the transfer) and then disconnect.

You will need a familiarity with TAPI, or you can use Turbo Power's Async Pro (assuming that you are on Windows) or Xtapi and Jtapi if you prefer Java to C, C++, VB or C#.

It is not a trivial exercise, but it is not all that complex.

If you have caller ID, every voice modem that I have used supports it, so you could potentially collect that information was well.

pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back