Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forwarding Long distance Meridian Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

IOKIPP

Technical User
Jul 23, 2010
US
I am trying to program a t-box that will allow the individual to press a number and then it will dial a long distance number directly. I am having a problem withthe LD codes we use. How do i include the long distance code so the call will be completed.

Thanks
Kipp

The easiest thing to do is make the number a ACDN or Phantom DN and put your LD number as the Forwarding target

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Some systems have the option to allow you to add pauses after the phone number in the form of commas or similar,then pulse out the code for LD, but I do not think Nortel allows that option.
If the number of calls is expected to be relatively low, do you have some analog lines available that you can send these calls out of, or local lines T-1/PRI's that can be used, that do not have the requirement for the LD code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back