Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forwarding Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

daras

Technical User
May 20, 2008
GR
Hi,

My setup is the following i 've RECEPTION HG with 2 phones RECEPTIoN_1 and RECEPTION_2.
When they leave from the office i want to create a button which forwards all the calls to the mobile phone of reception 2.

So this is what i did i create a Call forward all Button and a Cancel all forwarding button for RECEPTION_2

When it is enabled an incoming call is not going to the mobile as supposed to do instead i am getting a message that destination does not exist.

Secondly i ve created a new huntgroup named LEAVE with only one member RECEPTION_2 i 've put this as a failover to RECEPTION HG but still i can get the result i want

Can you help me with the configuration ?

Create a user with Mobile Twinning to the mobile number, enable "Twin Huntgroup Calls".
The do a fallback group where this user is the only member, group can't be Collective.
Use OutOfService buttons for the Reception group instead of call forwarding.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Hi,

The problem is that i the release is very old (5.0.26) and twining is not enabled without a licence, thats why i try the other option with call forwarding.

Thanks

Well, use the same example but with forwarding then.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

hi,

i ve tried the forwarding user but never rings on my mobile, it always stays on queuing.

I 've disabled queuing in both hunt groups Reception and Failover but still nothing.

In the monitor i can see that it is trying to call my mobile but is says TARGET NOT IN DIAL PLAN

What does it means ?

I am i doing something wrong ?

what type of group
(off switch forwarding only work with sequential & rotory)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Been a long time since I worked with R5. Does it have any trunk to trunk enable any where? You can test this by calling the hunt group internally. If that works then it is a trunk to trunk problem.

Okay, just remebered I did have R5 configs. Looks like it is in the normal three location. System/telephony Trunk/(not sure where it would be on a BRI) and User/Telephony. I would check those.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

hi,

No, i dont 've anywhere in the config trunk-to-trunk enable.
This has to do only with analogue lines it has an option "Allow analog trunk-to-trunk connect"

I dont understand how it is related to my issue ?

you need to start with basic diagnostics

1 Can the phone with the divert call the external number?
2 does calling the extn Directly (internal) Divert correctly.
3 Does calling the group internal Divert correctly
4 does calling the group from an external line Divert correctly

Once you know the point at which the call fails you should know where to look for the cause

DONT use 'Follow ME'
Follow me is for internal routing only

it may appear to work on R% but it is not its intended purpose & I have seen it cause problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back