Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forward UK to USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voicedataman

Technical User
Jun 29, 2004
GB
Need to Call forward by Time of Day LD15/LD21. I have set up the TOD config, but cannot set-up call forward on the Station.
Problem is too many digits i.e. 14 9+13digits
System wil only accept 13. If I change the FLEN to 14 on the outgoing Route this makes no difference (which is what I expected).
Tried setting up a Phantom with call forwarding with same problem.
Any ideas how I can call forward?

i just tried a call forward to weather info at the london airport, 21 digits, wihtout any problem

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Just for information

I resolved this by Alternate Call forwarding AFD to a Phantom DN and direct call forwarding (DCFW) this phantomn to the number in the US.
I couldn't AFD dirct to US due to 'too many digits' but hey it works....can't wait for these nortel boxes to become end of life!!!

I find that Phantom DN's or ACD Queues are fine for call forwarding purposes out of a switch. They are very useful via Mail systems, because you don't need to allow your "AC1 / AC2" numbers etc in the permissions / NCOS list!.
This will allow your Mail system to be more secure from hacking, when allowing these type of calls to break out.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

right and about 10 million techs can all learn cisco the same day, their still better then most, i am certified in 11 switches and merridian does keep you on your toes. rolm, before simmons was a great box, but simmions will drive a switchman insane, and you can have nec on a platter

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back