Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forward to fax server

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmeche

Technical User
Dec 10, 2005
US
I have some numbers that I need to forward to a fax server. I got the first set of numbers to go to the correct box by going into CLS and enabling FAXA. I suspect this passes DTMF to the fax server. That works but now the customer wants to take other DNs and forward them to original working DNs. They go but always to the first number in the chain. I have them forwarded by the feature code to the proper individual DNs and enabled FAXA in CLS, yet they always hit the first number.

example:

6709 forwards to 4110
6453 forwards to 4111
6789 forwards to 4112
6704 forwards to 4113

All of the DNs starting with 4 work by themselves. When you try to fax through a forwarded number all of the faxes go to 4110.

The original set of numbers still works fine, just not the numbers forwarding through them.

Any ideas???

Thanks

How are the lines built for your fax server? ie; individual analog lines, or are you using like a dual port pri?
Asking because if you have a route built for the fax server, you could out the 500 set, and just build cdp's in ld 87 and route those dn's to the fax server route.

Is there an IDC table in play here? Where 6 is converted to 4 ?

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

We use phantom TNs/DNs for our fax server, call center, etc., and FWD with the DCFW feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back