Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forward to External Autodial on a KIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningstiffy

Programmer
Oct 17, 2006
NZ
Hey Guys,
I've just installed a BCM 400 v4.0 with all the latest patches.
I've set up an external autodial on a KIM. Pressing the autodial key on the KIM works correctly.

The user wishes to press the call forward button on her T7316E and then the external autodial on the KIM. Everytime I do this it comes back with an error - Invalid Number.
I then set up the external autodial on the T7316E and then hit the call forward then the autodial key and it all works fine.

My questions are:
1. Can I only call forward to an external autodial on the T7316E and not the KIM?
2. Is this the way the BCM 400 works or do you think it's a bug?

Thanks for your help.
MS

Are you programming the External Autodials the same, i.e.
Dest. digit-Tel#, 98531212?

Be sure that the autodial leads with a 9 and phone prime line is intercom.

Deweyhumbolt: I didn't understand your question

"Are you sure that DN is a CAP?"

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Firstly, I need to make sure I'm on the right thread. Check. To get all of the benefits of a KIM you need to enter it as a CAP, (Cental Answering Position). For instance, you cannot program line appearances on a KIM or KLM unless you designated that DN as a CAP. On Norstars the max. CAPs was 5, But on BCMs it's 10.

It'll work fine as a BLF or DSS, but not have full capability. To be honest I'm not sure it'll fix stiffy's issue, but I'm 75/25 it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back