Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call forward to cell phone volume too low to hear

Status
Not open for further replies.

theudc

Technical User
Feb 10, 2006
US
automatic call forwarding to a cell phone. volume is too low to be able to understand the caller. when the call passes to the cell phone voicemail, retrieving that voicemail volume is also to low to hear.

already set the volume to high on the nortel switch

What type of lines do you have on the Norstar?

assuming analog - try adjusting the gain to Far CO

Where do you change the gain to Far CO? I looked in my MICS 3.0 installer guide and couldn't find it. Tks.

lines are analog
gain was set to FarCO for all lines

additional info --

calling and routing thru to the answered cell phone:

caller can hear the cell phone without issue
cell phone can barely hear the caller.

if cell phone rolls to voice mail. caller hears cell phone voice mail attendant without problem. when cell phone user picks up the voice mail, the recording is too faint to be usable.

I have found the db loss on copper to copper to be to much for a conference/forward on the norstar with the db loss in ,db loss out and with the db loss caused from the system itself it like playing telephone with the conference feature ..if its atleast 1 leg digital"t1" usually work ok

i ski there for i am

"There are those who would make you believe there are no choices left.That they have the last word and its final.To those who try the world is wide open choices many.To those who dont only death awaits you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back