Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forward to Answer DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommygun

Vendor
May 13, 2003
US
The Auto-Attendant answers lines. The caller selects option 1. If the person for option 1 is not available she would like to forward to Answer Dn that appears on multiple phones. When she forwards it only rings the extension of the Answer DN, not the other phones with the Answer DN on them. I tried setting a Service mode but no success since it
is only an extension that I am trying to control.

Tommygun

You could try a single DN hunt group and specify an overflow value in seconds to another hunt group DN with additional members.
You could also try some of the advanced phantom DN settings in the Norstar.
The extra options allow for additional ringing options, this is documented in the installer guide.
4.0 S/W and higher.
I believe the settings are:
basic
enhanced
extended

I think aragon is correct about the settings for the answer keys. Perhaps you have it set to basic (probably default). In basic mode call fowarded calls do not ring. Try switching answer keys under system programming to "extended" .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back