Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forward - Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedphone

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2010
US
Want to Forward all calls from Ext 123 to Ext 456 and have caller go into the VM Box for 456.......

If I turn OFF VM on 123 - its Ring No Answer; If I leave it ON it goes to VM for 123....

suggestions ...

on user 123 check forward unconditional and place 456 in the forward number section
on user 456 turn VM on.

ACIS, ACSS, IPO expert,
ACDS, ACSS, Enterprise

Did that - call 123 and it rings 456 with NO ANSWER - never goes to VM

call 456 and see if it the VM answer. for debugging there are two tools, first is system status. go to the active call then call 456 and watch the call path. if you are not able to see the problem then start call monitor software under the IP office tab. clear screen than call 456 and post the log.

ACIS, ACSS, IPO expert,
ACDS, ACSS, Enterprise

This is how the system works and it makes sense, if it followed forwards and went to the mailbox it happened to be ringing at, at the time, then messages could be left for the completely wrong people. And if multiple users forward to the same place who was it actually for? It would end up a total mess so they kept it simple and it always goes to the original targets mailbox....as it should :)

"No problem monkey socks

Riddle - no work around? employee leaves and customer wants all calls dialed to that ext sent to new ext that will handle the call... if they don't answer - its RNA.....so now they must check 2 Mailboxes?

its a real-life app

VM Pro but that's not the issue eData - test it out - you see riddle is correct - its meant to work like that .....

sell them a parter plus.....

Either way it can be made to do what he wants, just embedded requires using shortcodes and forwarding to those shortcodes etc, problem being (with either vm type) if the user being forwarded to also wants to retain the use of their own mailbox, this can be sorted with pro but not embedded :)

"No problem monkey socks

I have it working on several of my customer. in fact I have that if 456 doesn't answer it will call the cell if the cell doesn't answer the VM for 456 pulls the call back and answers the call.

ACIS, ACSS, IPO expert,
ACDS, ACSS, Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back