Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forward Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

itcmerlin

Technical User
Sep 26, 2007
US
We have a feature set-up with our service provider to forward our main line to our sister location after hours so that they can be answered by a voicemail/answering machine.

In order to activate the feature we have to grab the desired line directly on one of the 2 operator consoles (MLX-20L) that have all income lines as personal lines on programmable buttons. After we grab the line we dial *72 + phone # to forward calls to.

This works fine.

What I want to know is can we use the system directory, personal directory and/or programmable button to automatically dial the desired info to enable call forwarding instead of entering in manually every day?

Thank you

Most of my clients have programmed a speed dial button on the console so all they have to do is access the line & touch the button to forward calls.

Considering that you are talking about an OPERATOR CONSOLE, the easiest way would be to use an entry in the PERSONAL DIRECTORY.

Simply program a PERSONAL DIRECTORY Number with the name of FORWARD, then program the number as *72(Area Code)(XXX-YYYY) add a POUND (#) at the end and then you can assigin it to one of the buttons in the DISPLAY. (PUT ON HOME)

I programmed one in my lab and the number displays as *723036696966# when the BUTTON named FORWARD is pressed.

Now, in regard to "....we grab the line...", you will continue to do that, but then all you have to do after that is press the button labeled FORWARD, and the forwarding will be all set.

Also, if you are wondering, the POUND((#) signals the Phone System that you are finished dialing, and to process the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back