Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forward on no answer to extenal number on BCM v4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzobi

Technical User
Nov 29, 2007
ZA
I have a BCM v4.0. I have set a call forward on answer by going to Sets/Active Sets/ Line Access for DN 830. When I call 830 from another internal extn the forward works ok. However if I call the DID number it doesnt seem to work. I have monitored the call in BCM Monitor and it seems to make the outgoing call but then the call goes dead.

Any help would be appreciated.

check the setting under cababilities, I think you need to have allow redirect enabled, then it might work.

Allow Redirect is selected but still not working I'm afraid.
It's confusing as it work if another extn calls but not if they are called on a DID.

In the monitor under one of the tabs I think UIp you can see the set up of the call ,what b channel clid of call. It sounds like the PRI is sending the CLID of the callers Phone and not the sets Clid so the call gets rejected. It is the type of PRI and you need to see what the CO can do for you.

OK...you are saying if you call DN 830 internally, the external forward works...but if you call the DID associated with DN 830, it won't forward?

NCSS NCTS NCTE

Does the target line have 830 as the prime set programmed?

Remote packages needs to be set up on the trunks to allow the call to tandem from one trunk to another. One trunk in one trunk out. With out the remote package programmed right it wont work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back