Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forward on busy or no answer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewayman

Technical User
May 10, 2005
US
I have An Avaya 6416D+M. I want to set my telephone (has a display) in this way: PhoneA forward to external PhoneB on no answer after 3 rings. How do I set this at the telephone or at the system?

if i understand you need to do a coverage-path
cmd: ch coverage-path n

here you need to specify the PhoneB on Point1______

on the middle of the screen where says number of rings set it up as 3
here you can also send it to audix
once the coverage path is done put it on the phoneA
cmd: change station PhoneA

look for coverage path 1______
and put the number of your coverage path
hope this helps

if you are forwarding to an external number, then you have to identify that number in the coverage remote table. cha cov rem 1. then on your coverage path point 1 enter r(x). x being the table number where the phone number was entered in the coverage remote table. good luck.

Edgar Clemente

What if I just want to program a button that sets the call forwarding at my desk phone and then a button that takes call forwarding off?

program a call forward button, press it, enter the number that you want to forward your phone. To deactivate it, just press the button again. make sure you have class of service is configured properly for what your trying to do.

Edgar Clemente

Depending on what release you have this can be done with EC500, and an EC500 button. Which makes it very conveniant to toggle on and off.

RTMCKEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

My phone has 8 softkeys and 16 AD keys. Exactly how to I "program a call forward button"? I tried the following "key strokes" on my desktop phone: [Menu] [Next] [Prog] [AD key "p"] [Menu] [CFrwd] 9 XXX-XXXX #.
When I press the "p" AD key, it only dials the number, it does not set up the call forwarding. What am I missing?

you have to login into the system and do a modification on your telephone. cha sta xxxx.

Edgar Clemente

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back