Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forward No Answer to Pager Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxn

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2005
US
On a 7925g phone, in UCS 8.5 have call forward no answer/busy/off etc set to route externally to PSTN and dial a pager. The routing works, but the caller only hears 1 beep of the pager number and not all the typical pager tones (beep, beep, beep) which would alert caller that they have connected to a pager.
Anything I should be looking for on the connection to the PSTN or CSS options in order for user to hear all paging tones?

if you had a 'real' PBX you could go into the trunk circuit assignment (parameters) form and disable the "wait for answer supervision" parameter.

I'm sure there's probably a way to do this on the Call Manager, or more likely on the gateway router where your PSTN trunks are terminated, but I have no idea how. This would be a good question to bring up in the Global Knowledge "CVOICE" course (if only to test the knowledge of your instructor) :)

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Thanks I've been checking out timer sections, and documentation is clear as mud on some of the settings. Call Manager can do some cool stuff, but some stuff just isn't as simple/obvious to fix like in legacy switches. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back