Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forward No Answer to mobile is not showing the Original Caller!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob83

Technical User
May 6, 2011
US
Hello,
I have CS1ke 7.5
I'm trying to forward the not answered calls to Extn No. to mobile number of the person, it is happening but the number appears on the mobile is the DID number of the person(Extn No) not the original caller!!!, the person is complaining why not the original number is showing in his mobile instead of his DID,

I'm not sure if this is possible or not,

Anybody has implemented this feature can help plz?

Regards,
Jacob

I didn't think it was ever possible for the original CLID to be passed through the Meridian system out onto another PRI link?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

[banghead]The strange thing that I've seen this working on other site so I took the configuration from it and applied it same to this PBX, however it is still not working,

Regards,
Jacob

Hello,
it should work,
on EURO ISDN it works, you need to set in
LD 15
ISDN YES
VPNI 1
PNI 1
PINX_DN 1941
MBG 0
BSGC 65535
PFX1
PFX2
HLOC 891
LSC
RCNT 5
PSTN NO
TNDM 15
PCMC 15
SATD 1
"OCLI NO" <-----
MSCO_DP PRV

then you need to order CLIP no screening from your provider, then it should work

Thanks Fritzthecat
But I didn't get it...what do you mean by "you need to order CLIP no screening from your provider

CLIP no screening is a feature in EURO ISDN which you need to order from your provider, so that the provider let you send out Numbers and extensions that are not in your numbering range, because if you want to provide the external caler ID to your external forwarded Extension, tis a number out of your number range, also this feature needs top be payed.

I have lots of customers here in Germany doing that

Fritz

Hi,

This feature is depending on your country. In the Netherlands for example you are not allowed to send out CLID that isn't part of your own DID range. You can send anything you want, but the provider changes the CLID to the main number.

The easiest way to check if you are sending the correct information is to do a DCH trace and check your SETUP message to the provider. In the SETUP message you see the CLID you are sending to the provider.

To enable the DCH trace go to LD 96 and:

ENL MSGO XX Enable outgoing message trace (XX = DCH number)
ENL MSGI XX Enable incoming message trace (XX = DCH number)

DIS MSGO XX
DIS MSGI XX

And depending of the software version you also need to enable output to TTY by typing:

ENL MON TTY

With STAT MON you get the current monitor status (Enabled/Disabled)

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

It make sense but I don't think that "CLIP no screening" is allowed in my country cause in this case I can send calls with whatever caller ID I want and this will be for sure illegal to MOC,

Anyway I will try to check with MOC for possibility,

PS. I just notice that if the original caller is a DID number from the E1 range... I will get the right CLID of the caller, that confirms what you have explained you guys above, so the PBX is sending the right CLID to MOC but MOC restrict that and send the pilot number of the E1 instead

Thank you guys for the great support,

Thts souns to me, like in Germany when you not have ordered CLIP no screening absolutely the same behaviour

reg
Fritz

Gents,
I have another concern here,
If Call Forward No Answer needs MOC intervention to be activated, what about Call Forward All Calls?

I was checking it in features NTP, they are saying the below:

"The customer can specify which telephone determines the successful completion of the call: the originating telephone or the forwarding telephone"

Afterwards they didn't mention anything about the required configuration how to do this,

Anybody has any idea about it; at least this feature if it is available will be a work around for previous one

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back