Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forward internal calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

badsushi

Vendor
Apr 15, 2006
What is the best way to call forward a phone to another internal phone, Using the call forward key does not seem to work for internal calls (only external calls)

COS option I am missing maybe?

The forward button should work, what type of setup do you have.

Is it a single switch, give us some more detail.

single switch nothing crazy - G3 Ver8

It is the reception phone but setup as a normal user
forward extension 1000 to 1001
Call extension 1000 internally and you get a busy signal

Run me through what you are trying to do again.
Which ext is which, and what are they, etc. Give me an example.

Reception (x1000)leaves for lunch, hits the call-fwd key + extension (x1001)number. Internal user dials extension 1000 and receives a busy signal instead of forwarding to extension 1001

What kinds of phones are they? What do you see when you do a status station 1000?

when doing a sta sta 1000 it shows the CF Destination etc.

you said that ext 1000 was setup as a normal station, it is not set as the attendant console?

Okay new scenario -

Users are actually hitting 0 which is a (virtual or un-tti'd) extension built into the system with a coverpath to extension 1000

So when the users hit 0 and extension 1000 forwards their phone to another internal, the calling party hears a busy signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back