Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call forward in call manager 8.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojtaba961

IS-IT--Management
Mar 29, 2011
IR
hi,
i have to complete this scenario,please help me,
one manager in our company needs that all internal calls forward to his assistant phone except 5 calls from some other managers,
i can forward all calls to assistant but i don't know how can i separate some extensions,
thank you in advance

I assume you refer to the cisco product.
That is achieved with positioning the phones in proper partitions and calling search spaces:
Create a new partition called something distinctive. Eg "managers"
Create a new css called "manager_css". in that css copy all the partitions that are in the existing css of the manager phones but also add the "manager" partition to it.
Change all the manager and the assistant phones to that new partition and css.
Now only they can call each other.
Create a translation pattern for each of the manager extensions and put them in the same partition as all the non manager phones, but on the "managers_css". Transform each one to the assistants DN.
Now when users dial the managers extensions, it rings at the assistants phone instead.

For future reference there is a cisco call manage specific forum on tek-tips. You'd get better response there than at this generic one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back