Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call flow that happens in Meridian System

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanpal06

MIS
Sep 15, 2003
IN
Dear Teckies..

I have a querry , I need to know how the call flow takes place in Merdian system and The procedure of installation of Meridian system. what all steps are involved in installation.

This would be of greate help for me.

Sanjay

That's a rather broad question. Kind of like a "how do I build a rocket ship and fly it to the moon" type of question" It would help if you could narrow it down considerably. It would take thousands of pages of documentation to address every possible configuration. All I can say is that if you have previous experience installing and programming switches, the Meridian 1 won't be much different.

Ha Ha, Yes I know it's tough to answer in few words , I am working on Meridian , but I need some concept on how the call flow happens so that I can understand the system better. You may think strange, I am working on this and still I am asking about how the things work. But Fred, In a pstn System once the call lands on to the trk lines , how do I get the welcome message then how does the digits enterd by the user is being taken on to system and transferd to the extension.

Didn't mean to riddicule your question. Just looking for something a little less broad. From your last response, I'm guessing that you don't have DID service. It sounds like someone dials a number that comes into your switch and then you want the caller to get a greeting and enter an extension. An adjuct device (such as Meridian Mail or some other auto attendant) provides that function. You set up the auto attendant with a "pilot number" on the PBX. That pilot number is configured as an ACD. You then run that device to a trunk card in your PBX(the type will depend on the specific interface of the particular device). You then program the PBX so incoming calls are routed to the pilot number of your auto attendant. The user hears a greeting, enters an extension, and the call is transfered back to the PBX and sent through to the particular extension. It's a little different with Meridian Mail because it is integrated with the Meridian 1 and uses a network card and application module link (kind of like a D channel) for its interface with the PBX.

If you order DID service, however, callers can reach people on the PBX directly without having to manually enter an extension after hearing a greeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back