Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call filtering

Status
Not open for further replies.

scuzzie

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2001
IE
Hi people,
Just wondering can anybody help me with a query. Need to set up a phone(campus helpdesk environment) so as it can just call to a designated number or numbers internally only. I know it is easy to set up the voice category for internal calls only but I need to take it a step further and filter to just a single or designated group of phones.
Appreciate any responses
Thanx in advance
Scuzzie

Scuzzie,
This feature can be achieved through a phone system/PBX of panasonic/ Siemens or any basic brand that's available.
You can make groups, directories, provide facility that an ext can only dial within a set group etc...

Bye,
Vipin

Hi Scuzzie If you have extension manager and you only want call to go to one extension all you have to do is to hot line it under facility put in the from and to extension numbers click + and ok job done.
Otherwise try SPEXI:DIR=xxx,NDC=YYY,OPT=N;
where xxx= orig extn & yyy = called exten
Cheers

Hitechbuzz/Scuzzie,

Follow Hitechbuzz's idea if you want to be able to dial a group of extensions, however if you want the extension to dial a group of five numbers, then this will be more difficult.

If all these numbers are on switch, is it really such an inconvenience to just allow this extension to dial all on-switch numbers only? You could then set it up to bar trunk access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back