Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Dropouts On Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFKSydney

Technical User
Jun 30, 2008
AU
A slightly complex scenario, so please bear with me.....

I have a network of systems with Rel 4, 4.5 and 5.5 software (21 switches in all). My switches have E1 tielines in a star / mesh setup.

The problem is that if an extension (digital or analog) initiates a carrier call, then attempts a transfer over a CDP/DSC tie, the enquiry component is OK, however when the originator tries for the transfer 1 of 2 things happens:

1: If the initiator is analog, the call drops out

2: If the originator is a 39xx set (nothing earlier in the network) the "connect" key does not respond, thus no transfer possible.

The above is true if you initiate a conference then try to drop out.

I have also picked that if the out going call is to an E1, then the call transfer across the same route will fail.

If I try a carrier to carrier service transfer, all is good.

If the carrier call is incoming there is no issue.

Currently I am trying to remove TAT from the DCH RCAP of a test route both sides, but due to traffic that is not to easy. DCH messaging is not so easy either.

System patches are not current on all (though the 5.5 system is, and it fails too) but close.

The big questions are:

Has anyone actually had simialr issues

If so, whats the fix?

Thanx

And as a follow up.... TAT removal from the DCH RCAP does not fix the issue.

Hi DFKSydney,

Please check the PKG. 366 or 409 if included in the system. Then enable the plug-ins related to your problems in blind transfer, trunk to trunk transfer etc.....

Thanx for the reply.

Turns out that I have picked the answer, or at least know how to get it going.

In the DCH programming NAS was set to NO.

I haven't worked out the philosophy of this yet, but it would appear that in some way it relates to network based services such as ring again etc. We do not use a network attendant, hence why this was not considered initially.

If anyone has any ideas on why NAS needs to be yes, would like to hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back