Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call diverting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant_H

Systems Engineer
Jul 11, 2018
GB
Good afternoon

We have been getting a flood of spam calls over the past few days.
Due to our corporate policy we are not allowed to block the originating number as it may block legitimate calls at some point in the future.

As a way around this on the Hipath 3000 is there any way to trap inbound calls from a specific number and divert them all to a specific extension?

I'm thinking if I can divert the calls to a spare extension and divert that extension to voicemail any legitimate calls from the spoofed number have the opportunity to leave a message where the tech support scammers would hopefully hang up and move on

Any help hugely apreciated
Grant

I suggest a change of corporate policy

Yes if only that were an option.

You may get a more detailed response on the Hicom forum which would deal more with the HiPath 3000

forum965

Thanks Sbcsu

That may just be bad terminology on my part.
The cabinet in the basement is a realitis 3000, we have various user manuals for the DX, assosited software & the phones that seem to use Realitis or HiPath interchangeably

I am noticing now though that the login screen for the DX does say HiPath DX dual processor

Thanks
Grant

Hi Grant H - you could be right so
Probably a newer iSDX/Realitis badged as HiPath DX
Maybe an expert in the newer iSDX versions might assist here as well.

From Unify knowledge base

Is it possible to bar an incoming call by the callers number (CLI)?

It is possible to use incoming CLI (calling line identity) to bar a caller.

This is done using CLI based routing which is available from rev 8 software with application pack 3. Use CLIBR to send the call to an invalid number on the DX .This will return NU (number unavailable)tone to the caller.

Instead of pointing it to a non-existing extension, create a virtual and RID calls to voicemail.

However, I don't have this command on my V12 ISDX and it's not listed in the documentation I have.

Thanks Thepfy

I had a look and CLIBR is not listed in the manual I have or recognised as a command on the DX

I did try testing ACBT and adding my mobile number to the CLI table, but it didn't work, this may be me misunderstanding the parameters

CLI: Calling line identity digits (range 1 to 20 digits)
DIGITS: Digits for DDI call (range 1 to 4 digits)
DIGITS: Network digits for non-DDI call (range 1 to 12 digits)

I assume CLI is the inbound number,
Digits 1-4 I was unsure of as its a 4 digit limit, our internal extensions are 5 digits so i tried just putting a 0 or putting the last 4 digits of the extension
Digits 1-12 I assumed was the number to divert to

Scam callers seem to have subsided for the time being so here's hoping its quiet for a month or two until they come round again

Grant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back