Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Diversion to External Numbers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

boodox

MIS
Sep 24, 2002
GB
Hi!

I need some help. I'm running Call Manager 3.1 connected to a cluster of 7960 IP phones. I want to enable call diversion to external numbers. At the moment, all I can seem to find is the Call Forwarding (CFwdAll) option which does an "immediate" redirect and I want to enable it so the phone can ring and if the call isn't take after, say, 5 rings, it will redirect the call to a mobile phone.

Does anyone know how I can configure this on the 7960 IP phones? If anyone can help, it would REALLY be appreciated.

Thanks!

bdx

Hi,
From your description, I understand that all you want to do is a "Call Forward No Answer" to an external number. Is this accurate? If yes, then try these steps:

1) Create a route pattern (for example 9.@) and assign it to a gateway for routing external calls. Verify that you can reach external numbers.

2) Go to the individual phone configuration (Device ---> Phone) and under the Forward No Answer field, put in the number of the mobile phone (For example if your mobile phone DN is 555-1212 and your route pattern is 9.@, then put in 95551212). For any incoming phone call, it will ring the IP phone a certain set number of rings and then divert the call to the external number. IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure your calling search spaces and partitions are set accurately.

Let me know if this works for you. There is no global setting for call diversion that I am aware of.
Good luck!

Thanks for the advice VOIPdude. I'll give it a try and let you know how it works out.

bdx

VOIPdude,

Just got around to testing it and it works like a CHARM. Thanks a lot for the help!

bdx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back