Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Diversion on Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

apacheMD

Technical User
Oct 8, 2003
IN
Hei all

I have a customer with ACD initiated.

Can we have Call diversion on queue.

Basically the requirement is if a caller is in queue for some time lets say 2 min. then the call should be diverted or forwarded to another position or grp. This is in addition to the queue length.

i.e if the queue length defined in MD is 20, and the caller is 4th in the queue and waiting for 2 min., then it should be diverted. Basically diversion on time based queue.

any suggestions will be approved. !!!

apache

The only way in md(with out external CTI server) to do it is to use the ANCD feature.
In the NCSGI using the parameter OFLTIM=120 will get you this functionality .

..SYAR

Hei Syar

Thanx for the input. I will try this option.

apache

ANCD is indeed the only way to come close to your desired solution but can not exactly do what you stated in your question.

The call in queue will not wait for two minutes and will then be diverted.
With ANCD/NCSGI etc. a new call that will be expected to wait more than 120 seconds will not be put in queue but will be diverted directly.
This is based on the expected waiting time feature.
In ACCSP:GRP=...; you can read out the EWT per group. Exceeding the set parameter (time in seconds) in NCSGI wil divert the new call directly to the divertee position or to the ANCD superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back