Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Diversion Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

EchoSpark

MIS
May 28, 2003
NG
I want to divert calls from a particular extension,say extension 2000, to 5 extensions. Such that if it rings on extension 2000 and it is not answered after 2rings or the extension is busy, it is diverted to the next extension on the list. This continues until it gets to the fifth extension and it then diverts to voicemail.

I tried using CDINI....but on diversion to the 1st extension..it was ringing on both ext 2000 and the individual diversion number.

Thanks for your attention

Hi,

Use personal profile: PELPI commands...

You will have diffrent choices with diffrent duration of rings & busy choices too...

i think thats the kind of solution you are looking for rather than CDINI...

BR,

""The truth about action must be known and the truth of inaction also must be known; even so the truth about prohibited action must be known. For mysterious are the ways of action""

I would like to add one point that the PELPI can be used only for BC10,BC11 and BC12

BR,

if you are using digital extensions, it can be done.
use an adn and make this the cdini position. supervise this adn on all 5 extensions. if you want to do this with analog/generic extensions, you must have BC12 ->

in the upcoming servicepack 7 (BC12.2) there will be a new feature name "concurrent ringing". I don't have exact details abit this yet, but this is a feature that does exactly what you want...

--------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get

Thanks all, I have BC11 and i am using analog extensions.

Can i use PELPI?

yes offcourse,

make sure you have license (REPEATED INDIVIDUAL DIVERSION)

cheers

--------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get

I do not have the license......but will get one as soon as possible. Before then, is there any other way i can solve this?
Thanks

Whorsdaddy you said in using digital extensions, i should create adn.....what do you mean by supervising the adn on all extensions?

Whorsdaddy,

You said i can use adn for digital extensions...How do i supervise on other 5 extensions

Hi ya,

The PELPI is the better solution as it allows you to dictate the order that the diversion tries to delivery the calls to rather than just lighting up on all the phones at once.

Whosrdaddy's solution was to place an ADN (additional directory number) on one of the keys on the phone and CDINI to calls to that number. once you have done this you add MDNs (multiple directory numbers) to one of the keys on the phones you want to be able to get the calls. It's best if you can keep it to the same key number or position on each phone.

To MDN 2000 onto a phone - KSFKC:dir=xxxx,key=xx,fcn=mdn,dig=2000,calalt=x;
calalt is used to determine if the phone will ring or not. often best to just give it a muted beep (calalt=3) or even a delayed one to allow x2000 to pick up themselves (calalt=4)

The alternative is to simply place the extension to be diverted (x2000 in first post) as an MDN on the phones you want to be able to receive the calls. as soon as the x2000 is called it will also show up on the other phones.

cheers

Delster

Thanks a lot for the clarification. I am trying to purchase the license.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back