Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call display

Status
Not open for further replies.

khankhan

Technical User
Aug 11, 2009
CA

Hi,

When i add an entry line in public-unknown-numbering,

Len Ext Trk group CPN Total
7 395 717404 10

what will be call diplay number shown? I assume

717395404. i think i am missing one digit? Pls correct me.

Also what should be under Trk group? can we keep it blank?

Many Thanks...

The "Len" is the length of your extension numbers. By entering 7, you are saying that your extension numbers are 7 digits long. The "Ext" is the digits at the beginning of your extension numbers. In your example, this line would apply only to 7 digit extension numbers starting with 395. For example, extension 3951234 would match, any other extension that is not 7 digits long and does not start with 395 would not match. You need the trunk field filled in to determine what trunk group you want to send these numbers out on. The "CPN" is the digits you want to insert in front of the extension number. In your example it would try to insert 717404 in front of the extension number. For example, it would try to send out 7174043951234. However, the "Total" field says to limit the number of digits sent to 10, so it would try to send 7174043951.

Thanks,

Currently call display shows 717 395 xxxx which is wrong.

The call display should be

717 404 xxxx

so by making below change

7 395 717404 10

will it show correct display ?

Also how do i select trunk group?

On the trunk group line (public-unknown-numbering form) - put in the trunk group you want to tag with outbound caller-id.

This doesn't route the call out that trunk group (that's done in ARS), but if that trunk group is used it will send caller-id.

What you have should show the proper caller-id per station.

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Thanks 98converter,

any idea what happens if i leave trunk group line (public-unknown-numbering form) blank ? Will it send caller-id?

what i am trying to find,is it mandatory to have trunk group.

I found we can leave trunk grp line blank so caller id goes out all trunks.

one question,

when call display shows 7174043951 and call reciever callback , will it ring at DID extension 7174043951234 ?

if yes how it works,,,thanks.

How many digits are in your extensions? What is the DID number range?

Kevin

4merAvaya,

We have 7 digits in our extension. The DID number range is

As far as i know with below entry in public-unknown-numbering,

7 395 717404 10

all extensions with 395xxxx will be converted to 404xxxx

and when 3951234 call outside it will be displayed as

717 404 1234. Am i correct?

Do i need to change anything else?

thanks.

Status