Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Display Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shivrohi

Technical User
May 22, 2020
CA
HI All

Thanks everyone in advance !!

Can someone please guide me where I can check and change the Caller ID Display for a contact center agent ?

The issue is when a contact center agent calls to a customer, customer is getting a wrong display name. Ideally it should display to external caller as HTSMS but it is showing as HCS. I have checked all the configuration of the phone and contact centre but I could not find anything.

Regards

Calling name is usually tied to the DN of the key that the agent makes the call from.
If the CLID entry for that key is "D" then it may assume the name associated with the DN of the first key that has a numeric CLID entry.
But the name could also be tied to a group entry number in LD 95.
You can check in LD 95
REQ prt
TYPE name
CUST 0
PAGE
DIG
DN
ENTR <== type the CLID entry number from the set

Hi Stanley

Thanks for the reply !!

The CLID entry tied to the DNs of all the agents is correct what it is expected to be, but it still shows wrong display name.
Is there any thing else we can check in AACC or CS1000 ?

Maybe post a print of the TN and LD 95 print so we can be sure we are looking at the right thing.
It also depends whether your carrier allows you to send CLID or if they apply the same one to all your external calls.

Hi Stanley

Please find the print of TN and LD 95 print

TN 102 01 06 08 VIRTUAL
TYPE 2050PC
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
NUID
NHTN
CFG_ZONE 00016
CUR_ZONE 00016
MRT
ERL 30
ECL 0
FDN 3200
TGAR 12
LDN NO
NCOS 4
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST 12
SCPW
CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR MTD FNA HTD TDD HFA CRPD
MWA LMPN RMMD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD CNTD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
VOLA VOUD CDMR PRED RECD MCDD T87D SBMD
KEM3 MSNV FRA PKCH MUTA MWTD DVLD CROD ELCD VMSA
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 3200
LHK 4
PLEV 02
PUID
UPWD
DANI NO
SPID NONE
AST
IAPG 0
AACS YES
ACQ AS: TN
ASID 16
SFNB 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 19 21 23 28 29 33 35 36 37 38 39
SFRB 1 2 15 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
USFB 1 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 12 13 14 15
CALB 1 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 12
FCTB
ITNA NO
DGRP
PRI 01
MLWU_LANG 0
MLNG ENG
DNDR 0
KEY 00 ACD 781600 16 781577
AGN
01 MSB
02 NRD
03 MCR 785742 16 MARP
CPND
NAME Micheal Wort
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
04 ADL 16
05 ACNT
06 ADL 16
16 MWK 3200
17 TRN
18 AO6
19 CFW 16 781966
20 RGA
21 PRK
22 RNP
24 PRS
25 CHG
26 CPN
DATE 19 APR 2021

>ld 95
REQ prt
TYPE name
CUST 0
PAGE
DIG
DN
ENTR 16

ENTR 16
NAME HTSMS
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST

That appears to be okay.
Is "HCS" displayed for all outgoing calls on your trunks or just one particular agent? And have you tested calls to multiple external numbers? Calling to cell phones can sometimes be unreliable.

HCS is showing when every agnet of that particular queue is making the outbound call.
And the strange thing is when I checked, Call display shows as HCS, but when checked the phone logs it was showing as HTSMS.

I could not understand this at all.

I meant Call Logs in the cell phone, it says HTSMS.

call Diplay shows as HCS but call logs shows HTSMS

Does your cell phone have an app like Truecaller installed?
See my response here thread798-1809528
Or maybe it's a Google Pixel phone which will sometimes replaces the originator's calling ID with one based on an old business name from Google Maps.

Hi Stanley

The users who reported the issue has none of the app installed on their cell phones.

Those apps were only examples. There are many others. The point is, you can't trust that caller ID on a smartphone is real.

Yes I got your point. Just to be safe I am going to ask the carrier if there is anything at their end.

Have you traced the outgoing call to see what is being sent? That would help you to determine if the issue is on your configuration or somewhere in the network.

Yes, I did that already and it is sending HTSMS only. I have also involved the Avaya vendor to check that and hey verified the same.

Caller ID names are populated by the carrier on the distant end, based on the calling phone number. I have some DID numbers that are stuck identifying themselves as "PayPal" to some users. It's not an easy thing to fix.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

I have opened a ticket with the Carrier, and they are investigating at their end. Waiting for their reply now.

I too think the same, but User is not accepting it, so waiting for a reply from carrier so that I will share it with them.

Look in the contacts on the cell phone. If they have the number added there and have it labeled as HCS then that's what the phone will display when it sees that number calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back