Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call detail reports from a old 0x32 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poocher

Technical User
Nov 6, 2007
CA
Greetings,

I'm just looking for some general feedback at the moment regarding the possibility of getting call data out of my (new) client's old Nortel 0x32 system. I spoke to their local IT guy and he said there's nothing that can be retrieved from it. I asked him about BCM or anything like that I could try and he said no, it's too old. So I thought I'd post a question on here and see if anyone has other ideas and/or agrees there's nothing to be done. Any input greatly appreciated! Thank you.

It does not hold data, it spits it out raw to an SMDR device where a 3rd party program would then retain the info.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Wow that sure brings back memories. First time I used one of those was with an old lucent system (it was state of the art at the time! lol) I remember we upgraded from 1mb to 2mb and I was thrilled because it meant we could capture a days worth of calls and then some so I didn't have to show up at7am everyday to download the cals before they started overwriting. More recently, like 10 years ago, I was at a site with an old Nortel, can't remember the model, but I know I was able to connect over IP using call pilot I think it was to get them. Do you think that's an option or serial port only? And, if I have to go serial port, do you think I could connect it straight to a PC and bypass the cdr box? I made my own tool back then for parsing the Nortel records, hopefully I can find that again. And thanks for replying so quick!

Cheers

Callpilot is Voice Mail and does deal with CDR.

BCM however is via IP and maybe what you are thinking of.

If you mean bypass the SMDR then no you cannot.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back