Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Centre Auto Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

steptoescrappie

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2007
GB
I've just enabled auto answer on our call centre and it seems to work fine apart from when internal calls are taken at the call centre. When this happens if the internal call hits the agent at the same time as an auto external call it seems to take priority and cuts the external call off. Is there any way around this to stop loosing the important external calls.

How do you mean internal calls? You can't dial the CDN internally, and why would people dial internally to a known Call Center Agent?

Adversity is Opportunity

What is actually happening is the internal call comes into the call centre and is auto answered. The agent goes to transfer this call, as soon as they press the feature button for Feature 70 to transfer the call to another entension not in the call centre another call comes in automatically, and they loose the original call

I would set your wrap time longer to allow the agent time to release the call before another is presented

I believe it's called Break Time in BCM.

Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back