Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CALL CENTER TAKE DOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolhead

Technical User
Nov 8, 2004
US
Due to a bad UPS , i have to take down my Call Center server and plug it into a new UPS. Are there any procedures i should take before and after ?

You bet ya there are............

Assuming that the PABX has its own UPS....

Backup your CC6 (or Symposium)
Create platform recovery / mig info disks for the CC6 and NCCS
Backup your CCMA (Web Client)
Backup your CCT
Backup your NCCS
If you have a rack mount call pilot.... back up your CP.

It goes without saying that backups are good.

To power down:

On the CC6 and NCCS, you need to use the CC6 shutdown utility (from the server... START / PROGRAMS / Nortel Contact Center / Server Utility / Shutdown)

This shuts down all CC6 services, cleans up and closes the databases and keeps the days historical data.

The CCMA CCT CP etc.... CTRL ALT DEL.... Shutdown.

Power Up.....

***IMPORTANT*** Power up the CC6 well before the CP (given that you have a rack mount CP). If you do not, then the risk is that the CP will acquire the wrong elan handle and cause issues. Rule of thumb.... let the CC6 come up and run, then power up the CP.... takes time but the result is worth it.

Goes without saying..... TEST it all.

If you get no voice announcements.... wait 10 mins then try again.

If it still fails you can try restarting the mas link 2 and vsm in the CC6.. might work. test.

If that fails... restart the CP again.....test

If that fails, restart the CC6 and CP.... with the above warnings.

Hope this helps!!

Hello Toolhead

My advise when powering down th PABX is as DFKSydney advises is back everything up CP CC6 / Symposium including, updating the Platform Recovery Disk, however the corrrect shut down procedurer is CP first CC6 second and the PABX last. Powering back up revesre the order PABX first CC6 second with CP last allowing each system sufficient time to establish itself. It is all a matter of dependancy, what depends on what which decides the order of the shut down.
Hope this helps

Catalinapilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back