Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Center Professional auto answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

byrontel

Vendor
Jul 24, 2003
CA
BCM 3.7 .....T7316e sets and Liberation headsets.
Call Center Professional......customer wants forced or auto answer on agents headsets. Works fine but set rings and connects to caller. They just want a tone in ear, and then connection to caller, no ring.
Documentation is a bit fuzzy on this. Basically just says t7316 sets support auto answer.. other types of sets are covered in more detail.....any ideas?

Did you check to see if the headset was plugged into the the headset jack on the T7316 and not the handset jack. Also make sure that you have handfree btn. programed on the set. If the headset is plugged into the handset jack and call is sent to the phone the set will ring. If the headset is plugged into the headset jack and auto ans. is set the user shuold hear a zip tone then the caller.

headset is plugged into headset jack , sets are auto handsfree.....have you had this feature working on this version of BCM?....I know the cinphony did this.

just to be clear.....you have had T7316e sets on call center with BCM in this manner and they DO NOT ring...but only provide a zip tone in users ear?
(it's the ring that bothers the customer)
Thanks

in the agent properties Automatic Answer must be checked or the call will ring.

auto answer is checked but the sets still ring....although call is presented to headset.

I would check the answer delay for auto answer.I think it could be that. I also think you have to have a headset connected to run in the auto answer mode. Not 100% not asked for to often.

Marshall

Thanks
I'm still hoping for a reply from someone who actually has this working......auto answer...set NOT RINGING.
Of course there is a headset connected!

Is the agent logged in to the skill set?

If you switch the auto answer off does the phone ring?

Have you checked the break timer is set to 0 rather than 30 seconds

I have just set it on our call center in the lab and it worked without any problems at all. The agent gets a tone and then the caller is put through.

Marshall

This customer is in another city....will return there next week. I am a little reluctant to remove the break time of 30 seconds as this is needed. Are you sure this is causing an issue, and are your sets t7316e sets, with liberation headsets?
Thanks

The break timer is like the wrap up timer on other systems. It will give an agent 30 seconds to finish some paper work before they receive there next call. How many agents have you on the call center?

Marshall

fifty four....and I know what the break timer is.The question is does it affect the auto answer ringing?
Your previous response said
"Have you checked the break timer is set to 0 rather than 30 seconds"
Are you suggesting customer cannot have a break timer when using auto answer?
Once again...in your test lab.. are you using the same sets as myself?
Thanks

I have 20 T7316e on the system in the lab. I set it on five without any probs. I also have I2004,I2002and I2001. I used it on an I2004 and it worked on it too.The break timer on my switch is set to 0 simply because I do not need a delay for a demo system. Are the headsets working on the telephones I am using GN netcom and plantronic headsets.

Marshall

The headsets are working fine (Liberation...same as GN Netcom). It's just the ringing that's the issue.These agents are very close together and don't want sets ringing.
I'll try shortening the delay time but don't really see the connection.As I said will take a few days before going back.
Thanks

Anyone out there have any answers for me.I am still not able to stop the sets from ringing.Everything works as it should except the sets RING!All I want is tone in ear.All documentation suggests sets will always ring.....so I may be out of luck.Break time cannot be shortened.

I received a notification that Ford53 had responded ....but I did not see any text......could you try again?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back