Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Center phones -- What model are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipandRingtoSIP

Technical User
Apr 5, 2016
US
Hi, wanted to ask, to those of you with Call Center agents at your sites, what phone model are you using,? I am currently using Optipoint 500 phones and the Call Center manager is wanting to upgrade to something newer..

I was looking at possibly using the CP200 phones, but they only have 4 programmable keys on them.. Is anyone out there using CP200s as agent phones? My Optipoints are setup with 2 line keys (primary and a secondary extension) and then 4 keys for EnterID - Available - Unavailable - Work . To replicate this I would need 6 programmable keys...

I thought I'd ask others, how are you setting up your agent phones,and which devices are you using.?. I liked the CP200 since it has the headset connection built in.. Just not enough keys on the 200.

Thanks for any info..

I'm using OpenStage 40's. They work great, but they're also on the way out. We run OpenScape Contact Center with the web-based Agent Portal and we're on OpenScape Voice. I use the CP600 as an office phone. I like it - just don't know how it would behave in an agent capacity.

To thepfy's point... I shudder at the thought of softphones, unless they're dedicated computers. Granted, last time I tried a full rollout was several years ago, but it was horrible. Nothing like having your "phone" blue-screen during the middle of a call. Nowadays the OS seems to be a bit more stable, but with all of the Microsoft patches and security "fixes", I would be nervous. I think the main reason our OpenScape Xpert systems work so well is they are setup to not automatically install patches, as they are excepted. Maybe if your IT guys would allow that, it may be a bit less frustrating.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

No, not really possible to go with soft phones... And it would be a nightmare.. Our IT security policies are hyper vigilant. I have to rely on the desktop techs to manage installing the Agent desktop and Manager Apps because I do not have Admin rights on any of the PC's. I have to guide them through the install, and any time the phone app would have an issue, they would say it's the phone system causing it. Don't want to go down that road.. I may look at the Openstage 40's then.. I think they would be available at least for the time being. I have the feeling our new IT management are looking to move to Cisco because that is what they have experience with.

I totally get it. If you want to go cheap... check out Black Box Resale. They give a nice discount and they warranty them for 3 years. They usually look new, because they clean them up and even repaint as needed. Just need to check the firmware loaded, because sometimes they're OLD.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back