Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Center - Intelligent Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

merios

Technical User
Jun 4, 2003
AU
I want to be able to transfer calls waiting in a skillset to an external number and I want to be able to toggle this functionality remotely from a telephone.

I am about to configure an Intelligent overflow rule to transfer calls to an external number (rule 2 in overflow rule table in call center/callpilot.
As far as I can see I have 2 ways to go about the remote side of things. I can have an agent stay logged on (with rule 1 kicking off when they log off - action : voice mail) and then the question would be : how do I log off an agent remotely from a telephone?
Otherwise I could log all agents off and the question would be : how do I turn off the overflow rule from a telephone remotely? (this is the preferable way since I wouldn't have to have users waiting too long in the skillset).

use an IP phone at the remote site. then you can do everything just as if you were at the remote site.

THats a great idea .... and would do so for most sites.

Although in this case, I was thinking of the Company Christmas party, where all employees would be at a restaurant! ... no internet access there unfortunately!

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back