Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Center agents/Hotdesk

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishhead64

Technical User
Apr 25, 2007
US
Looking for suggestions on how to set up phones for employees who log into a queue infrequently.
They've been set up as hotdesk phones/users, but in order to get calls to their DID, they have to log into their hotdesk, which logs them into the queue. This takes up a license for a bunch of employees that rarely if ever take a queue call.

Wondering what others do for these agents that "help out in the queue" once in a while.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
Mitel Standard Linux 11.0.99
OVA 9.4.1.8
MiVoice Business Release level: 9.4
NuPoint Unified Messaging Build: 20.6.0.4.01

if they have to stay as ACD give them presence control for the skill group (buttons for group presence)

Regarding licensing - if they are ACD then they will consume an active agent license in MIVB when logged in

only way to avoid ACD/reporting license use is to give them a NON acd hotdesk extension for general use
- normal days - login to NON ACD - have DID directed to that
- when required they login as ACD hotdesk extension

if they are using physical devices they could have a multicall key of their NON ACD extension to handle their direct calls
(they should go on make busy if they answer a personal call to stop Queue calls delivering)

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back