Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Center Agent Outbound Calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

rval80

Technical User
Sep 23, 2009
US
I'm setting up a call center on a nortel call Pilot 150. I have it working, but noticed that when I log someone into the skillset, they lose outbound calling functionality. Can someone help me understand why this happens and how to restore?

This is normal. Agents are supposed to be ready to receive calls. Put the phone in not ready and you'll be able to call out.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Another question for you, I'm getting calls saying that agents are getting logged out of the call center automatically. Will this happen if they miss a call in queue? Is there a way to always keep them logged in?

This again is normal. Training... agents put yourself in "not ready" before leaving your desk. No there is no option to stay logged in after missing a call.

The only options for missing a call are log out automatically or automatically not ready. This is an option in the CC.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Thank you Marv, that's what I thought, but I'm sure you know that the customer is always going to say that there "just has to be a way around it". Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back