Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call back script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esbuin

Technical User
May 30, 2002
FR
Hi,

I have a external modem Hayes Optima 288 V.34/V.FC + FAX, and I tried to connect to private network through a Shiva Switch with a call-back proc. It is not working.

I tried before with an internal modem, and it's working perfectly. For that, I use a callback script, and I configured the modem to be in waiting mode when disconnection appears (ATS0=2).

I did exctly the same with the external Hayes modem, but when the script is going on, the first call is accepted, but nothing appears on the screen of the terminal when modem is disconnected (it should appear NO CARRIER), and nothing appears when the Switch is calling back (it should appear RING). The fact is that it happens but it is not visible on screen. So script waitfor messages that don't come, and the connection is not established (the script cannot send PPP command).

Could anybody help me about that. Maybe the scrit must be change because it is an external modem, but I don't know how. Or maybe the modem configuration must be changed also.

Thanks for your help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back