Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Auditing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoCBoM

MIS
Aug 5, 2002
US
My site made some expensive international calls this past month. So I decided to change COR so that nobody in the building could call out of the country. The current COR I have set for them is to be able to call Canada and the US. This situation started me to wonder if I could do some auditing on users.

Can I have a report generated by Definity displaying phone numbers called by each user? I want to look at the long distance bill and then compare it to the Definity report and find out which user made that call. Is that possible?

My current system is a Definity ProLogix system. Thank you for any help you can provide.

You need to have an external application for that running on a PC, look in the forum on CDR or Call Accounting.

On the following site there is some info:
Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

You dont have to have a Call Accounting package. You can just connect a serial printer up to the octopus cable from the Prologix. This will only give you real time stats, and if there was nothing connected to the port before, then the old data you are looking for will have been lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back