Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Auditing on Definity ProLogix 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoCBoM

MIS
Aug 5, 2002
US
My site made some expensive international calls this past month. So I decided to change COR so that nobody in the building could call out of the country. The current COR I have set for them is to be able to call Canada and the US. This situation started me to wonder if I could do some auditing on users.

Can I have a report generated by Definity displaying phone numbers called by each user? I want to look at the long distance bill and then compare it to the Definity report and find out which user made that call. Is that possible?

My current system is a Definity ProLogix system. Thank you for any help you can provide.

if you want to do this for one time than you can simple log
the CDR port with an terminal program like procomm.
you need a program that can log the output.
you can monitor the CDR information from your DCE port.
after that you can open the logfile in excel for a better overview.
you have to turn on the CDR output.
change system cdr and you have to turn it on in your trunk form page 1.
thats easy and a cheap way to do this.

if you want to monitor this information regularly than i
recommend to find a CDR program.

Greets, Bob

I was about to ask the same question. We have a split cable coming off of the back of the TN2402 processor in our ProLogix. The cable has an end labeled DCE. Should I use a particular type of serial cable or will a straight DB25 to DB9 cable work?

Jeff

This is the pinouts of the DCE connector.
a straight serial cable should be working.
Signal Name Processor (P1) DCE
(Amphenol Connector)
CDR-CTS 49 5
CDR-DCD 24 8
CDR-DSR 12 6
CDR-DTR 37 20
CDR-GRD 23 1 & 7
CDR-RXD 36 3
CDR-TXD 48 2

Greets, Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.