Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call-appr privacy and intercom

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildcard100001

Technical User
Jul 25, 2003
US
CM 6.3 H.323 phone set deployment.

I've enabled data restriction to enable call appearance privacy - which works, but when doing so the Intercom function breaks.

Is there any way to have both these features work at the same time?

Sceario:

15 users are bridged to 4 admins -- We want automatic privacy on call appearance buttons (bridged), and have the Intercom function continue to work. We also plan on using the exclusion button for the users to allow the admins to bridge back onto the call if needed.

Anybody else solve this or have this working?

Thanks,

Wildcard

I solved this issue, this solution is posted elsewhere in a round about way.. But to be clear, here's how:

CM6.3

ch system-parameters features Page 17 of 20
FEATURE-RELATED SYSTEM PARAMETERS

AUTOMATIC EXCLUSION PARAMETERS
Automatic Exclusion by COS? y <----- now set to y
Automatic Exclusion Coverage/Hold? n <-- I left these set to no.. but maybe you want yes
Automatic Exclusion with Whisper Page? n

This now appears in COS / COS groups:
Automatic Exclusion n n y n n n n n n n n n n n n n

The "y" is the COS column assigned to the station.

Add the "exclusion" button to each station (all stations - bridged and to be bridged in question)

Privacy feature works and auto-icom feature works at the same time.

Data Privacy on COS or Station is set to "n".(if set to "y" the intercom feature stops working).

Hope this helps somebody else wanting to use bridge call appearance privacy and the auto-icom intercom feature to work at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back