Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Any Windows Handler from VFP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin1985

Programmer
Feb 2, 2017
ES
Hi Everybody

I have this issue:

In any Forms I call another Window made in another programming language. That window show up as an independent window form and when I minimize my application and restore it I can't see my new window again (I have to click it on taskbar)

Is there any events on VFP forms that triggers when I maximize the window?, if so, How can I call for some window's handler?

Hope make myself clear.

Thanks...!

There is no event that explicitly traps a maximize, but you can trap a resize (using the Resize event). You can then check WindowState to see if the form is maximized.

Alternatively, you can create an _assign method for the WindowState property. If you don't know how to do that, check the Help "How to: Create Access and Assign Methods ".

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

You can use BINDEVENT, not only to bind to events of FoxPro classes but to any methods, too and to properties, aka their change/assignment (giving an alternative to property_asssing methods) and last not least to Windows messages.

In this case, I think binding to the form activate would be enough or even just programming in the Activate() event. This just has the downside to not only occur when a form is maximised but every time the form is reactivated while being inactive. It also happens at the form start. Surely you can simply ensure your foreign language form is in place and active, too, when the VFP host form is activated, it won't matter in cases it wasn't minimized, but it won't take long and cause no effect to ensure that hosted form is shown in the place you want it.

Bye, Olaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back